Thursday, December 24, 2009

How can I import a drawing in photoshop without coming out with edgy lines?

I good trick I use when I do digital illustration is a scan my sketch, but I scan it huge. Way bigger than I really want it to be. So for example, if I know I want the finished project to be 8x8 in at 300dpi, I'll scan it at around 1200 dpi. It looks like crap, until you scale it down to that 8x8 in size. Then the lines smooth and everything looks a lot cleaner.How can I import a drawing in photoshop without coming out with edgy lines?
I use photoshop every day for my art site. The reason images get rough edges is because of low resolution. Is the image you are using a small one that you are trying to make big? That's very difficult if not impossible for some. When I start with a drawing I use a digital camera to take a pic and then put the pic into photoshop. Digital photos start out at a nice large size. You can always shrink it but not make it bigger as easily. Scanning the image into your computer is also good but not quite as big as a digital photo. When you get the image into photoshop check the resolution by choosing the image pull down, image size. a box will open at the bottom of it is your resolution. It's usually at around 72. Try it at about 200. If this doesn't do the whole job you can smooth the edges with the blur tool by hand (recommended) or the blur effect. Then use the sharpen edges effect to crisp it. Good luck!How can I import a drawing in photoshop without coming out with edgy lines?
Set the anti alias option and increase your resolution, if you are working with a bitmap file convert it to greyscale.

No comments:

Post a Comment