Monday, December 28, 2009

How do I download brushes for photoshop?

Well, I guess the question isn't how to download them, it's how do I get them onto photoshop so I can use them since I suck at photoshop knowledge. I got them from brusheezy.com and the file is located in downloads%26gt;painted-brushes.abr.zip. I have windows vista. That's all the information I can think of to give.How do I download brushes for photoshop?
Well i only install them when photoshop is open so i'll teach you that method.


You unzip the files you downloaded by right clicking and selecting ';Extract All';.


Now go to Photoshop and select the Brushes tool. Go to the top and click the preview of the icon next to ';Brush'; On the drop down box, click the arrow on the top right and from the list click Load Brushes. Locate the place where you saved the Brushes and open it. (:How do I download brushes for photoshop?
Okay, first of all you have to unzip the package (I've gotten brushes off Brusheezy, they are very cool. Lots of good brushes there.) Now I am on a Mac, so I can't really tell you how to unzip on the PC, but check to see if you have Winzip. Also do a Google Search if you don't, there are free programs for unzipping (that's actually decompressing or uncompressing) the files. Once you do that, you should have a folder named painted-brushes, or you will have a file named that with .abr at the end. You will then have to find the Photoshop application (program) folder. Inside that folder will be another folder named Presets. Inside the Presets folder is the Brushes folder. Once you have found that folder, just drag the .abr file (.abr is the standard file extension for Photoshop brushes). They will now be available, but you will have to load them into your current brush library of whatever image you are working on to use them.
Go to http://www.brusheezy.com/ and download one you like.





Unzip the .abr file into your photoshop dir (you can also just unzip it on your desktop, it doesn't matter)





Then go to photoshop, click on brush. And then RIGHT click in your document, then click the small button in the upper right corner. Then choose ';Load Brushed';. Search your .abr file and your done :D
Unzip. extract anywhere. Go to brushes in Photoshop F5 I think. Load brushes. Look for the brushes you downloaded and load. And Done

No comments:

Post a Comment