Monday, December 28, 2009

Using Adobe photoshop 6.0 I added a frame how can I get the white backdrop to disappear and only show frame?

I edited my picture with Adobe Photoshop Elements 6.0, I added a picture frame but when I save it their is a white background around the picture and when I put it on my site(http://www.silverliningmentor.com/index.html) it looks really tacky,how can i get the white backdrop to disappear that way all you see is the picture and the frame?Using Adobe photoshop 6.0 I added a frame how can I get the white backdrop to disappear and only show frame?
You will need to make an alpha channel. An alpha channel will make an area appear transparent in your image when it is placed into the webpage. So in your case you will need to select the white area and make it an alpha channel. In photoshop you will have a channels tab containing RGB, Red, Green and Blue. When you have the white area selected click on the ';Save selection as channel'; option and it should turn red. After this re-save your image as a .pict file with the the option of ';alpha channels'; selected. If you are having trouble the HELP menu can also come in handy. Hope this helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment