Monday, December 28, 2009

Why do the colors on my screen apear different than the ones in photoshop?

When I'm working on something in Photoshop, the colors look great. But when I save the picture and view it outside of photoshop or when I print the picture, the colors change. I've looked around for answers and I haven't found any.





can someone help me figure out whats wrong??





thanks


--kendallWhy do the colors on my screen apear different than the ones in photoshop?
Sounds like you need to calibrate your screen. Many monitors allow you to change the amount of Red, Green %26amp; Blue as well as changing brightness %26amp; contrast.





Photoshop has ';Adobe Gamma';, a monitor callibration tool. Lookup ';Adobe Gamma'; in Photoshop help, and you should find it.





It will ensure that what you see on your screen matches what you see when you print or what someone else should see when they view it.Why do the colors on my screen apear different than the ones in photoshop?
If you save it as a PDF, the colors will almost always change a little. Try saving as a jpg instead.





But either way, you need to calibrate your monitor to your printer. It takes expensive gear to do this - a great monitor, accurate printer, color profiles, etc.





If you don't have the time, money or knowledge to calibrate everything, you'll simply have to go by trial and error. For example, know that people will have to look a little redder in Photoshop to print out looking a normal skin color, or that your blues have to look greener in Photoshop in order to print out a true blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment