Monday, December 28, 2009

Painting over a black and white image in Photoshop Elements 8?

Okay, I downloaded a free trial of Photoshop Elements 8. I'm trying to add color to a black and white image. I've seen tutorials that show you how to make different layers and use the paintbrush to color the photo.





The problem is that after I've colored one thing, I'll add a new layer to color something else, but when I choose a different color, it also changes the color of what I already painted, even though I'm on a different layer.





Can someone please help! Thanks!Painting over a black and white image in Photoshop Elements 8?
Usually those kinds of changes occur when you haven't ';committed'; the last thing you've done. Is there a checkmark with a slashed circle next to it somewhat in the workspace? If so, click on the checkmark. Also, if you've selected what you're coloring, be sure to deselect before you pick the next color. Try clicking on the new layer to highlight it after you create it and before you select the next color. The order you do things in is called ';workflow'; and it can be important.
  • lip glosses
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment